After my studies I was conscripted for National Service in the South African National Defence Force for one year. After being discharged from National Service I moved to Cape Town and found work at a printing company in Woodstock. This was my first job. I tried my hand at several endeavours, ranging from clothing design and manufacture to surfboards, but non of them were really successful.
Staying in Cape Town, I found work as a freelance illustrator and did a lot of work in the comic book industry. All along I was painting in my spare time. In 2008 I decided to focus entirely on my painting. The first year was extremely tough, I made no money. I also took up airbrushing and started spraying motorcycles of which mostly Harley-Davidsons. At least some money was coming in and I was surviving.
At this time, I was painting in a photo realistic style and paintings took forever to complete. In December 2010 I radically changed the approach to my painting style by using only large brushes which initiated some remarkable changes and effectively started my career as a serious, full time artist.
I focus on creating energetic and expressive portraits and nudes on a fairly large format in oils and acrylics.
Many of my works now adorn the homes and offices of clients around the world.
• 2014 Kaleidoscope Group Exhibition, Kalk Bay, Cape Town.
• 2013 Group Exhibition "Summer Gala", Stellenbosch Art Gallery, Stellenbosch.
• 2013 "Inconvenient Truths" Solo Exhibition, Art on Leviseur, Bloemfontein.
• 2013 Participating artist Art Angels Charity Auction, Ellerman House, Cape Town.
• 2012 Participating artist, Art Angels Auction, Ellerman House, Camps Bay, Cape Town.
• 2012 Two man Exhibition, Lovell Gallery, Woodstock.
• 2012 "Inside" Solo Exhibition, Rust en Vrede Gallery, Durbanville.
• 2011 "Riders" Two man collaboration, Everard Read Cape Town.
• 2011 "Fresh" Group Exhibit, Everard Read Cape Town.
• 2004 Group Exhibit, Bang Gallery Johannesburg.
• 2004 Group Exhibit with Igubu Collective, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch.
• 2004 Group Exhibit with Strika Entertainment Chelsea House, Somerset West.
• 2003 "Venge" Solo Exhibit, Bell-Roberts, Cape Town.
• Articles on my work has been published in local newspapers such as "The District Mail"
• "Venge", self published graphic novel.
• Several publications regarding my comic art have been made online.
• I was featured on e-tv and in several radio interviews on "Artscape Radio" and "Bush Radio", Cape Town.
• Marie Claire Magazine.
• "Garage" Magazine, December 2011.